The main objectives of Task 2 are to:
1) define the scientific objectives of the project in alignment with the local sustainable mobility policies, ensuring that the highest impact goals are being pursued and taking into careful consideration the viability of each option;
2) select most relevant use cases on traffic planning and conditioning, considering the city strategy for sustainable mobility at the local and national levels;
3) gather knowledge near experts regarding the available urban data and discuss the desirable learning outputs of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive mobility tasks;
4) identify the situational context data influencing road traffic flows in the city and establish the efforts to guarantee their accessibility;
5) define the requirements of the analytics system and the metrics by which the project and each task will be evaluated, from the informatics and sustainable mobility point of view.
As a result, this task will establish and prioritize use cases, provide the specifications of the prototype system to be implemented in Task 8, and gather key performance indicators to assess the project contributions.
Efforts will be established in the first months of the project to guarantee that these outcomes are available, clearly specified, and agreed by all participants.
This task will overlap and articulate with all tasks. In particular, for tasks 3 to 8, it will ensure the objectives and activities are aligned with CML’s priorities in terms of mobility optimization, and with national and local policies.